General Vaccine Information
Individuals who are 5 years of age and older are eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. The website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommendations based on a person's residence, occupation, medical conditions, and other factors. We have provided links to some of the pages below.
Information from the Adult Down Syndrome Center
Position Statements and Recommendations
- Down Syndrome Medical Interest Group (DSMIG-USA)
- DSMIG-USA IDD COVID-19 Vaccination Position Statement (1/5/2021)
- Supported by American Academy of Developmental Medicine & Dentistry, Down's Syndrome Association, GLOBAL Down Syndrome Foundation, LuMind IDSC Foundation, The Matthew Foundation, National Down Syndrome Congress, National Down Syndrome Society, and National Task Group on Intellectual Disabilities and Dementia Practices.
- American Academy of Developmental Medicine & Dentistry (AADMD)
- Trisomy 21 Research Society (T21RS)
For People with Down Syndrome