Many states and communities have lifted stay-at-home restrictions. We have received questions about whether it is safe to resume certain activities such as going to restaurants, getting haircuts, traveling, and more. Unfortunately, there is no "one-size-fits-all" answer. It depends on a number of factors. Some questions to consider are:
- What is your risk and/or your family members' risk of complications from contracting COVID-19?
- What is the importance of the proposed activity to your well-being and/or your family's well-being?
- What is the rate of COVID-19 infections in your community?
- How well are you and your family members able to comply with safe practices such as social distancing, wearing a mask, etc.?
- What is your comfort with potential exposure?
If you choose to resume a particular activity, additional questions to consider include:
- What precautions are the businesses and establishments taking?
- How often and in what ways are they sanitizing?
- Will you be able to maintain physical distance from others?
- Are there limitations on the number of people allowed in an area at the same time?
Additional information about making these decisions can be found in the resources linked below.