We were pleased to welcome Abby Rowley, LCSW, to the Adult Down Syndrome Center team in August 2022. Abby is a licensed clinical social worker. She received a bachelor’s degree in community health with a concentration in disability studies and a master’s degree of social work from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Her previous roles include case manager at a residential community for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and school social worker, both in the public school system and at a private special education school.
Abby is a wonderful addition to the team and has expanded the mental health services offered at our clinic. She provides assessment and treatment as well as patient, family, and community education, including presentations and group facilitation. Abby shared more about herself in an interview she did last month for an Advocate Charitable Foundation blog post. We have also shared a few fun facts about her below.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Community Health, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Master of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Abby has an aunt who has Down syndrome.
- She grew up in Park Ridge, IL, the city where the Adult Down Syndrome Center is located.
- Abby enjoys reading and going on weekend adventures with her husband and two sons.